Agora estou à espera da ligação de uma Host Family, segue abaixo o post que retirei do blog "Manuel da Au Pair Prática":
Um dos momentos mais importantes do processo de colocação com a família é a primeira ligação. É através dela que você e a família poderão começar a sentir empatia um pelo outro, demonstrar interesse um pelo outro. Por isso é muito importante estar bem preparada para ela, que é mais do que uma simples ligação, é também de certa forma uma entrevista para um emprego.
Falar por inglês no telefone pode ser muito difícil, por isso é sempre bom estudar bastante. E uma excelente idéia também é já ter preparadas as perguntas para fazer para a família e pensar no que eles podem perguntar a você.
Para ajudá-las nesse processo, seguem abaixo algumas excelentes sugestões de perguntas, dadas por au pairs!
ABOUT THE CHILDREN:
1. How many children are there?
2. What are their names?
3. How old are they?
4. What do they like to do?
5. What are they favorite games and toys?
6. Are they in the school? How far is the school?
7. How they go to school, by bus? Am I going to be supposed to take them to school by car?
8. Se a criança for bebê: Is she/he walking and talking yet?
9. Are they energetic or calm kids?
10. What do they like to do in their free time?
11. What do they usually eat? (for breakfast and lunch)
12. Will I be supposed to make dinner?
13. Is there any kind of food that you don't eat?
14. Do the kids suffer from any kind of allergies?
ABOUT THE PARENTS:
15. What is your names? How old are you?
16. Do you both work?
17. Where do you work and what do you do?
18. Do you have a religion?
19. Why are you interested in getting an au Pair?
20. Have you ever had an au pair before? Is she living with you yet?
21. Would you mind if I ask you to talk to her or send her an e-mail?
22. What are your hobbies?
23. Do family members or relatives live nearby?
24. What qualities do you find important in an au Pair? What are you expecting from me?
25. What are the house's rules?
26. What are the family activities on the weekends?
ABOUT THEIR HOME:
27. Where do you live? In whih state?
28. Is it a small town?
29. Is it near a big city? Which one?
30. Is it too cold in the city? Snow there?
31. Do you live in a house or in an apartment?
32. Do you have any pets?
33. Do you have a housekeeper?
34. Are there other families with children nearby?
35. Are there any other au pairs in the area?
36. What things are there to do with the children?
PERGUNTAS PARA ATUAL AU PAIR (se houver):
37. What do you think about the family? And the kids?
38. Are they nice with you?
39. Do you do any course? If so, are the courses near from the house?
40. Is there any cool near place to go there?
41. What do you most like to do in your free time?
42. What do you think they would like to receive as a gift?
Sorry, I don't understand. Can you repeat please?
Can you speak slowly please?
Após essa primeira ligação, se ambos ainda estiverem interessados, é super importante manter o contato para poder tirar mais dúvidas. Essas perguntas abaixo são super importantes para quando vocês sentirem que a família está se interesando por fechar com vocês:
ABOUT THE AU PAIR'S DUTIES:
01. Will I be responsible for any household duties? If so, which ones?
02. What will be my responsibilities with each kid?
03. What will my schedule be like?
04. When will I have free time?
05. Will I have access to internet and computer?
06. Can I receive and make phone calls in your house?
07. Will I have time to study? What time? Can I study when the children are in the school?
08. What time can I get home during the week and on the weekends?
ABOUT THE CAR:
09. Will I have permission to use the car? How often? How far?
10. Is a state driver's license required?
11. Are there only certain times when I can use the car?
12. Can I use the car in my free time?
13. Will I have to pay for the gas when I use the car?